Cat Gets Stuck In A Plastic Bag And everyone Hell Breaks Loose


A curious cat took one misstep inside of a plastic bag and became one of the most unlucky stars on YouTube this week ― as well as a teaching moment for pet owners.

Buddy the cat was exploring a plastic bag on a table as his owner, Alasdair Martin, gently coaxed in a dramatized whisper: “acquire in the bag, that’s right, acquire everyone the way in.”

It starts out as a foolish joke, but soon leads to the cat crawling everyone the way inside before losing his footing on the table’s edge. That’s when everyone hell appears to shatter loose. 

“Oh my god!” Martin exclaims as Buddy turns into a white blur that bolts around his domestic as his owner gives chase.

Those concerned over Buddy’s plight should horror not. The video concludes with his owner carefully removing the bag from the now calmed cat, securing his freedom. A moment video uploaded a day later showed Buddy snoozing on the sofa with a feline companion giving him a snuggle (which he no doubt needed).

Alasdair Martin

Buddy the cat is seen resting up after his harrowing cat vs. bag video.

“He was totally fine after. It probably took him 2-3 minutes before he was chasing his play mouse again and taking a snooze,” Martin told HuffPost on Monday.

The video became one of the top trending videos on YouTube. But plastic bags shouldn’t be anyone’s disappear-to plaything.

Plastic bags like the one seen in the video can pose choking, suffocation and strangulation risks. They’re often appealing to cats for reasons that include its crinkly sound and associated smells.

Animal advocacy group Prevent Pet Suffocation advises people to cut up discarded food bags ― particularly the more durable ones that are designed to contain snacks, cereal, and pet food ― to prevent animals from sticking their heads inside and getting stuck.

preventpetsuffocationcom

Air-tight bags used to store snacks and cereals can cause pets to suffocate. One animal welfare group advises cutting them open before discarding them.

“Once the dog puts his head into the bag, the bag creates a vacuum-like seal around his neck. As he tries to breathe, the bag tightens around his neck, cutting off the oxygen,” their website warns. “Dogs can and enact die within minutes!”

Alasdair Martin

A photo shared by Buddy’s owner showed the cat pretending to call “the local cat organization” to discuss the dangers of plastic bags.

Now realizing the danger plastic bags can bring, Martin shared photos of Buddy reflecting on the hairy situation ― including one that appeared to present Buddy discussing the risks on a sweet cane phone.

“He did fabricate a call to the local cat organization warning them that plastic bags aren’t to be toyed with,” Martin said.

CHECK OUT THESE RELATED STORIES BELOW:



Source link

You might also like More from author